Rachael has experience in a broad range of matters in both the public and private sectors. Rachael has represented commercial clients in complex commercial litigation in both state and federal courts and before arbitration panels. She has also represented the federal government before federal courts and administrative boards.
Rachael regularly advises clients on a variety of cases including contract formation, breach of contract, financial fraud claims, tortious interference, insurance coverage and claims handling, reinsurance coverage, and employment and restrictive covenants. She has also provided counsel to municipal and federal government entities regarding regulation compliance.
Before joining A&G Law, Rachael was an associate at Lovells LLP (now Hogan Lovells) and a trial attorney at the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Rachael serves on the Board of Educating Africa’s Children, a nonprofit that builds schools in western Uganda.
Some examples of Rachael’s work are:
- Represented public transit agency in litigation against bus manufacturer. Recovered eight-figure settlement on behalf of client.
- Represent medical equipment provider in litigation against former contractor involving conversion of trade secrets and tortious interference.
- Represent commercial real estate broker in breach of contract and tortious interference with contract and business expectancy lawsuit, including obtaining successful motion to dismiss ruling.
- Represented major life reinsurer in an arbitration against its ceding company involving issues of misrepresentation and interpretation of provisions in life reinsurance agreements.
- Successfully represented insurance groups in an arbitration against a reinsurer concerning the client’s claims for indemnification for underlying asbestos and silica liabilities.
- Served as legal advisor on HUD contract worth $2.2 billion and successfully defended protests of those awards before the Government Accountability Office.
University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2002, magna cum laude
University of Illinois, B.A., 1999
Bar and Court Admissions
Illinois Supreme Court
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
Rachael Blackburn is not admitted into any bar of any court not listed above.